Terms & Conditions
So, while I would love to skip out the super interesting T&Cs, I feel it’s best for us to all be on the same page from the start. Nothing scary in here, no fine print, just a little heads up about our session together.
- SESSION FEES: The session fee / retainer holds your date and is non-refundable should you no longer require my services. No amount of monies paid to me are refundable unless I experience an emergency that renders me unable to provide the agreed services. Should you decide that you no longer require my services, liquidated damages shall be charged at the full amount of the session fee.
- PRINTED & DIGITAL PRODUCTS: Due to the bespoke nature of printed and digital products, these are non refundable once an order has been placed. Retouching and design work on products will commence once payment has been received in full.
- ADVERSE WEATHER: If the weather is torrential and we cannot shoot, the session will be rescheduled or shot in an agreed indoor location. Clouds, wind, light sprinkles aren’t a problem and I usually go ahead in this case.
- RESCHEDULING: Should you need to reschedule due to illness, please give me 24-48 hours’ advance notice if possible. You are allowed one event of rescheduling without any fee being incurred but please give me as much notice as possible. Please do not reschedule for minor skin injuries. Any additional rescheduling will incur a fee of £75.
- CANCELLATION: In the unlikely event of having to cancel services due to reasons beyond my control (sickness, death, injury etc) a full refund will be given, but not before every effort to find a replacement photographer to represent Jodi Redhouse Photography has been made. In the event of the client cancelling services 5 days or less prior to the session for reasons other than acts of god, the full fee for services is to be paid to the photographer.
- PERSONAL CAMERAS: Please do not bring your own camera or recording equipment to the session. If a camera is present, I will have to request that it be put away and this is a very awkward moment which I would love to avoid.
- RE-SHOOTS: I do not offer free or discounted re-shoots on the basis of client regret over wardrobe choice, location choice, etc.
- MODEL RELEASE: Photographs taken by Jodi Redhouse Photography may be used for the purposes of display, advertising, portfolio, website or any publication to promote my business.
- COPYRIGHT: All image copyright remains with Jodi Redhouse Photography. At no time shall any of my work be saved to a computer/hard drive, shared online or printed without express written consent. This is a breach of copyright and illegal. If you purchase the digital files, a print / web release will be included for personal / commercial use (depending on the nature of the commission). Any blog posts or Facebook images posted by Jodi Redhouse Photography may be freely shared with your friends and family by way of a link back to the original content.
- EDITING / RETOUCHING: All images are all processed digitally before being presented to the client. Retouching work is limited to minor skin fixes and image cropping adjustments. It is at the photographer’s discretion to remove any additional minor elements from images. Anything over and above this is not included in session fees. Any additional significant retouching will be outsourced to a secondary professional. This is chargeable over and above the original session fee. Any additional fee will be quoted and agreed to by the client before going ahead. Generally this fee is not part of my standard sessions as the nature of my work is on a lifestyle basis, which is close to a real representation of the world.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER: The Photographer agrees that every effort will be made to provide high quality photographic services. In the unlikely event that a catastrophic mechanical failure should occur to the Photographer’s equipment or that the Photographer is unable to provide the client with the agreed upon photography services and/or products, or if the quality of the services and/or products is deemed to be substandard by the client, the Photographer and the client agree that the Photographer is not responsible for any other consequential damages, emotional or otherwise and that the Photographer’s liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid.
- PRIVACY AND FILE STORAGE: Jodi Redhouse Photography will store your booking details, related invoices and digital files on a private database but will not be made available to any other company. Every attempt will be made to store 2 copies in separate locations of the final edited files for 1 year.
- ARTISTIC INTERPRETATION: Upon viewing samples of my work, you have decided to invest in my services to photograph you and your family because you are confident that I can give you results which you will cherish. There is no knowing what photos will be produced from this endeavour simply because this is an event in the future. As an artist, I reserve the right to artistically interpret what I see and in what ways I choose to photograph a scene. This may mean that some shots are colour, some are in black and white. This is my interpretation and vision as an artist.
That’s it folks, the official stuff is done and dusted. All that’s left is for us to get stuck into shooting your session and having a great time doing so!